August 30, 2015

The mountains are calling and I must go

I'm in Provo right now. Which might surprise some people ... Because I am definitely going to BYU IDAHO and now BYU PROVO. But I am so grateful to be here. It's not hard to love this area. They call it Happy Valley -- so I try my best to grin and fit right in.



I have been having so many new experiences -- just in the week that I've been here! It's exciting! I was super sad to leave my family ... Of course! I had just gotten used to being there and then I had to leave. But there is something amazing about being in the middle of a place where you can know so many people and not know anyone at the same time. A place where opportunity is lurking around every corner if you're looking for it. I love Provo.

I was thinking about how much I love Provo as I hiked up Y mountain the other day. It has always been a kind of dream for me to hike up the Y ... Because I love BYU and I love the mountains. So, as I was finally doing it -- as I finally looked over Provo city from the top of the Y ... I started to wonder why I wasn't apart of this wonderful place. I wondered why I was just passing through and sleeping on the couch of a freshman dorm. I love it here! I got accepted to go here! But I felt like I needed to be somewhere else.



It's not a no brainier. I had an okay experience at BYUI before, but it wasn't a ten out of ten. I could probably get a more diverse education here. But I know that I felt the Spirit tell me that I needed to be there again. I know that without a doubt.

I don't know that it matters all that much where you go to school in the eternal scheme of things, but I do know that is important to listen to the spirit and follow it. I know that God has a plan for me and that if I do whatever I can to look for and follow it, He will guide me to the path I need to take.

So, I'm just a passerby here. But in the meantime, I've been having some awesome adventures. I wander the streets of Provo all day and it is wonderful! :) I am getting tanner and having a blast.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...