November 7, 2013

november 7

I am grateful for VARIED INTERESTS.

I've been spending a lot of time at the library these past couple of days. I go there before, in between, and after classes. I spend a lot of time reading and thinking and doing homework. As I was doing my homework yesterday, I started to think about my major. Right now it is declared as Elementary Education ... which I think is something that I could really love. But there are soooo many things that I love when it comes to learning ... I love history and geography. I love English and Spanish. I love math and religion. I love so many things that it makes it nearly impossible (with my own logic) to choose what I want to do.

So, usually, I see these varied interests as a curse, like being in an ocean that's two feet deep. Lately, I've been turning curses to blessings and have been seeing them everywhere. Even in my strange loves for knowledge. I wish that there was a major that could just wrap up everything I love and put them into a package deal. That would be convenient ... but I know that a major like that simply does not exist. Eventually I am going to have to hunker down and choose what I'll be doing for the rest of my life.

This terrifies me ... but I am assured that all will be well if I rely on the Lord. I don't know what I am supposed to do with my life, but he certainly does. I know that my education is going to benefit me and that I am going to be qualified for whatever I choose to do. I am really grateful that because my interests are so varied, it's pretty easy to relate to others. I also am grateful because I have developed a thirst for knowledge that I feel like gives me a lot of passion. I want to live my life in such a way that people will know that I love life just from the look in my eyes.

Yesterday, I told my friend that I have made the decision to be completely happy. Not a forced and fake sort of happiness, but true joy. These past couple of days I have been finding that joy. I have felt the love of Heavenly Father and tasted of his goodness. I am starting to care less about what the world thinks and more about what my Father in Heaven thinks. I'm trying to be more and more sincere in my actions. This is making the world of difference. My life is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...