November 4, 2013

november 4

I am grateful for THE BOOK OF MORMON.

I finished re-reading it yesterday. It's true! It's Another Testament of Jesus Christ and it gives me so much peace and hope. I realized while I was reading it yesterday that I am going to be declaring this truth over and over again in the next couple of years, so I might as well tell you, dear reader, about it. I love the Book of Mormon. My reading of it has changed my nature for the better, and I definitely have more room to grow as I continue to study and apply its teachings in my life. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have that I can change my desires and wills to be in accordance with what Heavenly Father's will is for me.

This is a short post, but don't let that fool you. I could talk about the Book of Mormon for hours and hours and never get bored. It is such an interesting little book. The stories in it are perfectly tailored for the reader. It was truly written for our day. Out of all the books in the whole world, the Book of Mormon is definitely my favorite. I realized yesterday that I need to make more of a habit of sincerely studying it before my mission.

Oh, speaking of pre-mission goals, I also felt inspired yesterday to start a 6-week, pre-missionary prep program. I am going to start working out daily again, reading the scriptures for longer amounts of time, praying with more sincerity, budgeting my money, staying on top of my homework ... I'm just going to try to do better in every aspect of my life. Just another step to lengthening my stride.

Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...