November 2, 2013

november 2

I am grateful for THE TEMPLE.

Yesterday was better. Friday's in Laney Land are Temple Fridays/ DI shopping Fridays, so they're basically the best day of the week. I am able to just take some time for myself to read and ponder and better my life. So, I woke up and got ready to go to the temple. My friend and I walk up together and he does baptisms while I do an endowment session. The past couple of weeks, I have been having a hard time focusing on the temple ordinances. They are sooooo beautiful, but it is possible to take them for granted (believe it or not ... I can't believe that that could happen).

Yesterday, I really wanted to feel a comforting spirit while I was at the temple. I wanted a reassurance that Heavenly Father loves me. When I walked through the doors, I really, really felt like that was where I needed to be. I went throughout the session and I felt of the eternal significance of the things that I was doing. I felt the spirit during the session and really focused on the blessings that I had in my life.

The temple is such a blessing in my life. It is a place of refuge and peace from the tumultuous world I live in. I am SO grateful that I have one here so close. I am also grateful that I am able to go so frequently. It helps to broaden my perspective when I feel like life is difficult.

After going to the temple, my day was just RIGHT. I got a haircut, went to Jamba Juice, got a TON of homework done, and then went shopping at DI. Just another perfect Friday. I am learning that getting away from my apartment is sometimes a good way to relieve stress. And I am also learning that even when I am alone, I am never alone.

Life is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...