November 10, 2013

november 10

I am grateful for MY TESTIMONY.

Since it is Sunday, I figure that this is a pretty appropriate post. I am soooo grateful for my personal testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel. It's kind of cliche to say, "I don't know where I would be if I didn't have the gospel in my life." I really don't feel that way ... I know where I wouldn't be. I wouldn't be here at Brigham Young University-Idaho. I wouldn't be preparing to serve a mission. I wouldn't think of others and I wouldn't be truly happy. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is EVERYTHING to me. It affects every single moment of my life.

I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live! Now, more than ever, I have a firm testimony that they love me and they had a definite plan for me. I know that I lived before I came here and that I will continue to live after I die. Eternity is such a long and wonderful time ... It is up to me to keep the proper perspective to help me to endure to the end. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father loved me (and everyone else, of course) enough to send a Savior to earth so that I could repent of my mistakes.

I know that Jesus Christ lived a perfect life. I really, really love him! He is the best example of every quality that I try (and fail) to emulate. I have faith that, through his Atonement, I can be made clean from all of my sins and can have the strength to be better than I naturally am. Utilizing the Atonement is something that I am still working on in my life, but as I have done a better job at doing it, I have definitely felt the love of the Savior enter my life. I have felt that peace which "passeth all understanding"!

I know that, in answer to sincere prayer, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith in the Sacred Grove. I've walked through the Sacred Grove a couple of times and I have had several experiences that have helped me to know that this is true. I know this is true! Joseph Smith was such an awesome man (definitely on my spiritual stud list). He was a prophet of God!

By the power of God, Joseph Smith was able to translate the Book of Mormon, another testament of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for this knowledge. The Book of Mormon is true. It has a special spirit to it that has brought so much comfort and understanding to me in my life. I love the Book of Mormon! I have read it and I have prayed about it!

I know that we have a living prophet on the earth, today! Thomas S. Monson leads and guides me to know what I need to be doing in my life to stay on the path that will lead me back to Heavenly Father. When I went to Conference last October, I truly felt the spirit witness to me that he is a PROPHET. I am so grateful that he was inspired to change the age for missionaries. It has been the MOST AMAZING BLESSING IN MY LIFE.

I know that families can be together forever through the blessings of the temple. As I have been able to go to the temple every week for the past semester, this knowledge has been solidified. I am excited to get married in the temple because I am excited to spend eternity with those I love. I am so grateful that, even though I am away from home, I can know that no matter what happens, I will see my family again!

There is so much more about the gospel that I love. I am not particularly eloquent when it comes to expressing the deepest feelings and desires of my heart, but I do know that the church is true. I know that if we honestly seek to find the truth, Heavenly Father will help us to find it. I found the truth. It is here. It is with the Church. That knowledge has changed my life for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...