July 19, 2012

Kreativ Blogger Award


My ex-YW adviser, Sister Stockhoff nominated me for a blog award. I am so grateful for her example in my life and for all of the things she did for me while she was in Missouri. Her blog is so stinkin' cute. Many a paper has her embedded playlist helped me to write. Her blog actually was what gave me the courage to start my own blog. As I looked at her posts, she really made it seem effortless to express feelings through blogging. Maybe it was too encouraging, hahahaha. Thank you so much, Sister Stockhoff.

According to the rules, this is the part where I put 7 facts that you might feel interesting about me, and then I'll nominate 7 other bloggers ...

1. I love to quote movies, but I have no talent for remembering lines at all, so I always end up misquoting things. Usually my sister is nearby to gently repeat the lines correctly (she has been blessed with a great memory for those kind of things) but when I am not near her, I usually end up being ridiculously silly. Never give up! Never surrender! (Ten points if you know what movie that comes from).

2. If I were a fruit, I would probably have to be an banana. That potassium goodness is the best way to start off the day, and I'd like to imagine that keeping a smile on my face helps others to be happy as well. I'd also say I'm a banana because I think half of the people I met at EFY this past year associates me with them. (See the letter V).

3. I love popular indie music (Holy Oxymoron, batman!). It's shameful to say ... but too true. If I had a cooler life, it would probably be filled with indie/foreign music. If my real life had a soundtrack, it would probably consist of Kidzbop songs. 

4. When I was little, I wanted to be a teacher. There is something very legit about being able to put thoughts into children's brains without inceptioning them. I don't want to be a teacher anymore (just because I notice how difficult of a job it is to be a GOOD teacher) but I figure that if I'm a mom, I'll have just as much power. And with an accounting degree to boot.

5. I am really afraid of having my windows rolled down at a red stoplight. I feel like my windows give me a shield of invisibility and protection and it's so creepy to me to think that when my windows are down, people can break through that safety net. Kind of weird, eh?

6. I need sleep in my life.

7. I don't have the best luck in the world. I never win draw prizes and it's a rare day that I find a penny heads  up. But I love my life and I feel like the luckiest girl alive every day!

And now for my top 7 bloggers ...

1. Baseballs to Bows -- This blog is very near and dear to my heart. When we were waiting to go to China, I was pretty much obsessed with the whole concept of being there. This little family went to China in August, and I started following their blog in September. Cutest kids EVER and it really helped me to cope with the anxiety I had to leave!
2. Sew Dang Cute Crafts -- Another blog that has helped me sooo much is SDCC. I had a lot of down time this year, and it was so fun to look at the projects she was doing! Soon, I started to realize that these projects were pretty straightforward, and that I could probably do them in an afternoon. That was all it took to spark my crafting passion.
3. Meditations on a Life of Organized Chaos -- I didn't just put my mom's blog because it's my mom's blog. She is a super good author and it's really fun to read her perspective in life. I am pretty grateful that she is so good at writing and keeping it updated because I want my kids and my grandkids to know how awesome she is.
4. In Omnia Paratus -- This is my EFY 2010 Nauvoo counselor's blog. I love her writing style! She and I share a ton of the same interests and challenges, but I don't think either of us recognized it at EFY. It is so fun to read things that she writes and think, "Wow! I totally get that!"
5. Come What May and Love It! -- I love Sister Norris so much! She is a great example in my life. Her kids are so cute to look at, and her thoughts are so poignant. I am so grateful to have her in my life, even if she is in the other ward now and we hardly ever interact. (That's another reason I stalk her blog religiously, haha.)
6. A Precious Mess -- This is a fairly new blog written by Sister Ashton, the wife of the 1st ward bishop. I love it so much! She is so talented, both as a blogger and a mother. I hope my parenting skills are half as good as hers!
7. Cats and Cardigans -- Ahhhh, Mormon fashion blogs. It's a new craze of mine, and probably unhealthy fuel to my non-existent shopping addiction, but y'know. This was the first blog I started following, and her sense of fashion is to DIE for. As cute as a button! 

So for those of you who were nominated, here are the rules!!

1.Copy the Kreativ Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
2.Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. 
3.List 7 things about you that people might find interesting.
4.Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Kreativ Blogger Award.
5.Leave a comment on the blogs you nominate to let them know about the award.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...