August 18, 2011

day 1

Homeschooling starts today.

And I have to say, I am thoroughly enjoying the roll out of bed factor to go to seminary. It is SO convienient to be able to pull may hair up into a bun and headband, brush my teeth, and pull on some sweats -- especially with my new night owl schedule.

Yesterday, I got a little depressed about my decision to HS. It wasn't going to change my mind, but I got a chance to talk to one of my FAVORITE teachers, and he wasn't very excited that I had decided to do this. In fact, as I was talking to him, I realized I have no idea what the heck I am doing. I know I will learn WHY I had to do this, but seriously, I have never been very ... grounded. I'd like to think that I am like Pocahontas, always chasing the river bend, but usually, I get overwhelmed as I turn a corner, and then I lose enthusiasm.

But I know this won't happen, because I know that there is a PURPOSE behind my madness. I won't be left hanging by Heavenly Father. It just won't happen.

I've made a goal to blog 6 days out of the week when I am homeschooling. After all, it seems like with ALL of this free time, I should do something with it.

But Laney, you might protest, you have had this ENTIRE summer with no obligations whatsoever, and there seems to be a post once every week.

Yeah. I know. But if you could see my planner, I've got three hours of the day between school and the kids getting home that I can work on cooking, sewing, cleaning ... you know, all of the good homemaking skills that will help me in life.

Thinking about my new life style freaks me out. But not in a bad way. It's exciting. Like that moment in a roller coaster when you know that there is no turning back, so I guess I should buckle up and get ready for the ride. Whether I puke or fall out of the seat is not up to me anymore. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...