February 14, 2011

happy valentine's day!


As the picture suggests, today was Valentine's Day!
Yippee! Single awareness is awesome to behold.

Posts will probably be few and far between until April. Play practice is quickly consuming my life, and now that Katie is also involved, I have to help her get used to the process, adding to the consumption. My mom and dad say that I can't let homework fall behind, and tonight that meant working from 5 until 9:40, excusing an hour for eating and Family Home Evening.

Busy-ness aside, I am content. Valentine's Day corrupted my self inflicted healthy diet, and for that, I am truly grateful. Catholic saints really know what they're doing! After all of the chocolate, I feel like there is a

PARTY IN MY TUMMY!!



I went on a Valentine's date on Saturday with some kids from Aurora that was pretty fun. It was not extremely awkward, which is incredible because it was a complete blind date. It was also my first real group date. That made it extremely momentous.

Personally, I don't really see the hullabaloo about dating (especially steady dating). I'm sure that will change when I'm looking for a spouse, but it is really no different than going to have fun with a group of friends. It's totally casual when I go out -- and believe it or not, I like it that way!

After that, I begrudgingly went to the love themed Super Saturday -- I was feeling a little sick and exhausted from the days previous activities, but it ended up being really fun. I got to meet a ton of new people, but unfortunately, I remember none of their names. I feel so awful that I often have to ask a persons name three times before finally remembering it, when my dad can look at a person he met once and say "Hi insert name here!" Hopefully I will inherit this trait later in life because it is something I am truly envious of.

Sunday was awesome! After an exhausting week filled with bumming and dates, I was ready for some enlightenment, and it was readily there. Once again, I pretty much sleep walked through the first two hours, paying attention, but not really participating as I should. For some reason, the third hour of church is completely different. I don't know if it is because I am more comfortable around all of the congenial girls in Young Women, but my spirits are totally lifted the moment I shake hands with Adley or begin chatting before class. Especially in opening exercises, it always seems like you're welcome. I LOVE that feeling.

Our lesson was about a mighty change of heart, something that I have experienced first hand. It was a great lesson for me, because I feel like the gradual change that Sis. Stockhoff talked about was something that I could see in my life. It really has a result that can be seen, and I finally realized all of the little moments in my life that have built up my testimony of the gospel today.

----

Valentine's  Day was today and I could feel the love. Actually, I was pretty out of it for most of the day, but it was enjoyable. I got a few -- I mean a LOT -- of candy which helped pass the monotony of the day. After school, Katie came to audition for the role of Marta or Gretl in the Sound of Music. She had a 2/4 chance and SHE MADE IT! She's Marta. I am so glad I get to spend more time with her, but my heart really broke for the two girls that didn't get a part. One girl was about Katie's age, and she left the room crying. It's so hard to put yourself out there when you're young -- I know that, and I really felt for her.

Are we caught up? Oh my ... apparently I had a lot more to say than I thought. Unfortunately, I have to catch up on sleep so I can do it all again tomorrow. *sigh* It never gets old.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Miss Laney! You have been busy! I hope I am healed enough from giving birth to a child so I can come see your play! (TMI?) Sorry :) I know you and your sister will do awesome. I have never been courageous enough to do anything like that (plus I am HORRIBLE at any sort of acting!).

    Happy late V-day to you! (And don't worry, I am still consuming candy, ugh!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...