When I got home yesterday, there was NOTHING to eat in the house, but my dad wanted cookies ... and well ... I got creative. We didn't have half of the ingredients, but I made up some dry milk and homemade brown sugar and voila! Cookie mania!
The end result --
Hands down, best cookies I have ever made! I just wish that my brothers and sisters savored things so I could have pigged out on these babies after school today. Home making skills developing? I'd have to say yes!
Recipe Shamelessly Stolen from AllRecipes
- 3/4 stick CRISCO® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening Sticks*
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.
- TIP* If nuts are omitted, add an additional 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.