October 22, 2017

the perfect offering

I haven't blogged in a while ...

And this is where I put in a ton of excuses like, "Oh, you know, life is just crazy!" or "Eh, I don't really have anything worth saying."

All excuses aside, the truth is that I hesitate blogging because I want to wait for the prime opportunity. I want to have a flurry of thoughts that I can't HELP but share with the world. I want to be inspirational. In short, I don't write because I'm worried about delivering anything less than perfection.

A casual glance at decisions in my life would reveal a bit of this same tendency. Cafe Rio lines are about the worst thing in the world because I have time to think about the big decision that is "What will I eat today?" and I fear that if I don't buy the perfect thing, I will be doomed to a meaningless existence for the rest of my life. I've spent a lot of time in my past life waiting for perfect conditions in order to become a perfect person. I sometimes hesitate to put my all into something until I am sure that it will give me the perfected results I desire.

I'm learning that there is no such thing as that perfect moment. There is no such thing as a perfect person. There is no such thing as the perfect plate at Cafe Rio (because, let's be real, every plate at Cafe Rio is perfect). I'm also learning that imperfection is beauty. It is interesting and exhilarating. It is a growth experience, because every imperfection that I live is a chance for the Savior to reach out with mercy and power in order to perfect what I have to offer. That is how His light is able to enter my life.

So, I blog this out to the universe. Not because this was a perfect moment to blog ... but because I want to take every opportunity that I can to help people to understand that the Savior's grace is for EVERY SINGLE IMPERFECT PERSON! He is strength. He is support. He is perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...