October 19, 2013

home

I bought some plane tickets to go home for Thanksgiving. I thought before that moment that I didn't miss home ... I mean, I missed my family, but I didn't miss being at home.

As soon as I bought my tickets, that changed. I started to crave something, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I also started to terribly miss my family and friends. I missed my Scholar Bowl crew and my Poli Sci classmates and my lunch buddies and the even the Crooks. Tonight, my roommates and I pushed our couches together, bought a two liter of Doctor Pepper (scandalous), and watched chick flicks and just talked.

I realized randomly, while switching from Confessions of a Shopaholic to Thirteen Going on Thirty, exactly what I was missing from home. I miss having history with people. I miss looking at my friends that I've known since kindergarten and knowing exactly what they are thinking. I miss climbing into my little white truck with my friends and talking about everything and nothing. I miss my brothers and sisters and my mom and dad and my Nandy.

It kind of hit me like a wave ... and in such a way that I couldn't describe it to my roommates. It was comforting to figure it out though. The wonderful thing is, the potential for history is HERE. Here in Rexburg, I already have so many friends and acquaintances. I went to the temple this morning and every person that walked in was someone that I knew. Mara and I are starting to become more and more close. I have several different people that I can talk to and hang out with. The potential for history is terribly frightening and exciting all at once.

So, it's 2:38 and I'm full of Dr. Pepper, pizza, and thoughts provoked by cheesy chick flicks. And that's okay. I'm making memories and I'm creating history. And I'm definitely loving life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...