January 22, 2012

I really am here ...

Random picture of Adrienne and I on a super fun date! My blog has been pretty pictureless recently ... I apologize. :)


*Sweeping the Blogger cobwebs.*

I write a blog post every day. I throw my words down on blogger and then I save it for a later date.

I guess it's kind of like the sealed portion of the Book of Mormon ... except my posts usually sound whiny and would definitely not be edifying to those who still read.

(Shout out to Sister Jacobson! :D)

So, hey! I am here. I am alive. And I would like to think I am thriving. Heavenly Father has really blessed me with a lot of babysitting/house keeping jobs that will help me save for college road trips and EFY. With these extra jobs comes a lot less free time, (hence the lack of quality blog posts) but I have made a commitment to reflect more on my life and throw it all out here on the web.

Yesterday I traveled down to Columbia to begin planning for Youth Conference. The committee that was there was really fantastic, and I feel like I made some pretty good friends. We definitely had some synergy while planning and I am SO excited that we have a say in what will happen this summer. I feel like we can do some pretty amazing things!

I gave a talk today on listening to the Holy Ghost and I think it went really well. I was a tad anxious (when am I not?) because I really wasn't sure what I was supposed to speak on, but I got some really sweet and kind comments after church that made the anxiety worth it.

Really all of church today was about listening, recognizing, and acting upon the Holy Ghost. One thing that I really learned was that Heavenly Father won't let me make any big mistakes without warning me or letting the Spirit tell me what I need to do.

Through the past couple of weeks I have been really diligent about keeping some of my NY2012 resolutions and they have made my life absolutely rosy, but I still felt like something was off. I would finish all of my BIG rocks (they talk about that in the 7 Habits books), and then I would finish my little pebbles ... and I would finally finish all of my water activities, but I still felt like I needed to be doing something else. Once again, my anxiety began to plague my leisure activities.

Yadda, yadda, yadda. I asked my dad for a blessing and in it, he said the exact same thing that I got today. The Lord won't let me make any BIG mistakes with my time. Pheeew. Thank goodness. All of the weight that I had been feeling for no particular reason was lifted. I guess I didn't realize that I was worrying about the future, but I know that the Lord knows who I am. He knows my maaaany insecurities and he knows my name. I am pretty glad that I have the Holy Ghost that lets me know a little about Him as well, and what His plans are for me.

All in all, it was a great Sunday. AND THE SEMINARY CENTENNIAL is tonight. It just gets better and better.

3 comments:

  1. Great post Laney, and cute picture too!!

    I actually taught a lesson today on President Uchtdorf's talk called 'You Matter To Him' It was from last conference...and it is awesome. He talks about that very thing - how the Lord knows you. And you are exactly right, it's a relief to know that He's in charge. I am not sure where I would be without that! Better him guide me then me take the wheel for myself. At least I know I won't go off a cliff if he's driving!

    Love the posts...
    Where's my shout-out!?! hehe only teasing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Laney - way to update. See blog stalking is healthy :) I forgot to tell you today why I love reading your blog. I've got two little girls and sometimes I get anxious about what they'll have to face as teenagers. But everytime I'm around you young women I'm reminded that with the Gospel everything is going to work out and I needn't fear. The Lord is on our side! You are the proof that when taught the Gospel you young women will thrive! Thanks for being a stellar example ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Sister Stockhoff ... I love you! :) You are such an example to me. Believe me, you got me through a LOT last year, even though I was only in your class for a little bit.

    And I am so glad that I met you yesterday Sister Jacobson! I was looking through the pages in your blog and I was actually thinking what great adult examples I have in my life. It's really a blessing in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...