January 24, 2011

i'm practically a vampire

AHHHHHH! I GAVE BLOOD FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY!

It was supposed to be a couple of weeks ago, but snow kept pushing it back, so, without knowing beforehand, today was the day for me. I was actually pretty excited until I went into the room for the first time. Ms. A and I went down to the gym where the drive was being held to take pictures of the terrified people, and boy oh boy. It was probably one of the scariest experiences I've had in my life. Why you ask, dear, devoted subjects?

I saw this tough guy that I know is in at least one gang, and he was panting and crying in his chair.

Yeah, it kinda shook me up.

But everyone I talked to said it would be fine, and I think had a little trust in their opinions, minus the feeling I needed to throwup and the voice that told me I was making a big mistake. I was praying the whole way down that I wouldn't throw up or do anything else embarrassing. Before I went, I saw a girl almost pass out and throw up in front of me ... which only added, I assure you, to the confidence I had previously.

The whole giving blood thing? It didn't end up being as bad as I thought. My good friend Ms. H held my hand the whole time and I barely saw any of the gory details that is my blood. And hey! it can't be a bad thing if I saved three lives and got cookies and a tee-shirt in the process! Yippee skippee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...