May 4, 2015

Week Seventy-Two: The Beginning ... Of the End

With Sisters Antillon and Quintana.
Area: Collao
Companion: Hermana Quintana

Dear familia,

Ahhhh, this morning I got my last call for cambios. We stayed up late last night packing all of the stuff that Hermana Quintana is going to be taking to her house ... and it was soooo weird. It is weird killing people, because it makes dying seem super real. And so it goes in the mission. I am going to be with a new Hermana Leader this cambio -- Hermana Parkins! She is super young in the mission (9 months!), but I am excited because I feel like we are going to be able to do great things together!! I am so excited already for this cambio. We are going to have a wedding and a baptism ... more than one baptism hopefully.


Last night, I was praying and I gave it all over to the Lord. You know, this month and a half is going to fly by ... and I want to give my all. I have made some goals that I want to achieve and I know that Heavenly Father will help me to accomplish them! Really, I think that the biggest goal that I have is to keep working hard until the end. I want to be exactly obedient to the end. And I want to love the people until the end.

The end. Ah.
Laney didn't say who all the people are in her pictures this week.
She'll have to label them when she returns next month.
This week went by in a whirlwind. Hermana Quintana was saying goodbye the good majority of the week, so it was really bitter sweet. The people here love her so so so much, and it is sad to see how sad the people are that she is leaving. Luckily, we were able to see pretty much everyone that Hna. Quintana wanted to see ... which is a miracle. I remember when I was killing Hermana Romney, we waited until the last day and it was nuts. This has been unreal.

I honestly don't know what to write. My mind is completely blank.


I continue to have awesome experiences with the Book of Mormon every day. A new power is coming to my proselyting skills because I am studying it. I can feel it! The other day, we passed by to a members house and she was DISTRAUGHT. She was super sad because she had just found out that her mom has cancer and will probably pass away. Scriptures that I had studied that morning came to my mind and I was able to comfort her. It happened with one of our investigators as well. He is from Peru and is dating a less active lady here. He had a ton of doubts about the Book of Mormon, and I was able to testify with power that I knew it was true ... and was able to find scriptures that had to do with his doubts.


Little moments like that make the mission so much fun. I am seriously loving my life here ... if you didn't already know. I feel like every day I am getting better and better! 

This week the email is really short ... because I had to work out some recuerdos and what not, but I love you all soo sooo sooo much. I am so excited for Skype. I am still not sure what time we are going to be Skyping ... if I were a betting woman, I would say that we are going to do it at 4 or 5 our time. I will let you know!!


I know that the church is true!! I know that Heavenly Father knows and loves us. I am getting ready to put on the fire. Chile Concepcion has no idea what's coming. I love you and will see you soon!

Love,
Laney


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...