March 9, 2015

Week Sixty-Four: Pocahontas Got Me Through the Week


Area: Penco
Companion: Hermana Antillon

Dear familia,

This week was a hard one for the girls of Grupo Penco. There were a lot of things that happened that I don't think would be appropriate to share publicly ... so this letter is going to be pretty short (really, I want to talk about it with you guys more through chat).

With these hard things that are happening with the Hermanas, there are two things that I am continually learning over and over again.

One -- On Monday night, I was praying to know how I could be a better Sister Training Leader. That is something that has been stressing me out for a long time ... because I felt like there were a lot more things that I could be doing ... but I didn't know exactly what they were or how I could do them. As I sat pondering, waiting for a response from Heavenly Father, I heard in my head the voice of Grandmother Willow from Pocahontas ... "Listen to your heart ... you will understand." I have never laughed soo hard as a result of a prayer. I snorted and said, "Thanks, Grandmother Willow ... I'll keep that in mind," and kept praying.


The day after, things got really hard. Like ... really, really hard ... and I didn't have a clue what to do. I was amazed as I was forced to LISTEN TO MY HEART. I had to listen so hard for the spirit to know what to say and do ... and to interpret the situtations of what was going on. And as I listened to my heart, I really was able to hear the Spirit whisper in a distinct way. I know that the Spirit will always guide us to know what we need to do.

Two -- I have really learned this week just HOW MUCH, how VERY MUCH Heavenly Father loves us and is aware of us. I know that He is looking out for me. I know that he is taking care my family. I know that he understands us perfectly and that as we seek his help and his support, he will always give it to us. He helps us to love more than we think we can. He helps us to help more than we think we can. Heavenly Father is so awesome and I am so grateful that he is always there for me.

So ... That is my letter for the week. There is so much that I want to say, but just know that I am doing awesome! I feel really good and I feel like the spirit is working through me. You guys are my heroes and I am so grateful for all that you have done for me. Have a GREAT WEEK!!

Love,
Laney


The graffiti translates as "Smile at Life." :) 
We also had an awesome activity making these tamale looking things called humitas.
They are soooooo good. You have to smash up corn and then cook it in its husk.
Super Chilean. Here is Bishop Figueroa and Luis Morales.
We had a competition making the shell husk things for the
humitas  and ...
... Hermana Antillon was bitter because they lost. :)


We had conseho this week!! Super fun! It was with all of the other missionary
leaders, and we talked about how we could be better leaders and help our
missionaries more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...