November 17, 2013

november 17

I am grateful for MUSIC.

Music is a part of my life. I was never a choir kid or a band kid (really), but for as long as I can remember, I have always loved singing and making music with things around the house. Today, I am grateful that music has a place in my life. I am grateful that, whatever mood I'm in, music has the power to make me feel whole.

To feel nostalgic, I listen to Feed the Birds or Nobody Knows Me At All.
When I want to feel happy, I listen to Christmas music or ukulele music.
I feel hipster when I listen to Ingrid Michaelson and Jack Johnson.
When I workout, I listen to Latino Pop.

I just love listening to music. I think I am going to miss it when I am on my mission.

There have been several times where I have been able to feel the spirit through music. It's such a powerful conductor of everything good! I was in Ward Choir back home and I always loved performing because I could feel that power leaving my body and going towards the audience (whether they were receptive or not). It was almost like a Matilda power, one that I really, really wish I had. I've been blessed with a decent voice and I love that I can help others to feel the spirit through that.

Today, our Ward Choir sang "How Great Thou Art." This is one of my favorite songs of all time, and our choir director arranged it really, really well. My friend, Jordan, played the piano beautifully ... it was just awesome. During the song, I felt my heart rejoicing. By the end, I was hardly experiencing reality. It was rapture. It was bliss. My troubles flew out the window and I really, really felt the song.

After, one of my friends said that I looked like I was really into the song. I laughed and agreed with her. The way I feel when I sing is the way I want to feel about life. I want to be really into it. I want to give my best effort. Because, when I do, I already feel like I have a bit of heaven on earth. And it is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...