November 29, 2012

all things

Recently, I've been getting a lot of flak for being religious. Many of the people at my school claim to be agnostic, and when I mention God or anything remotely close to God, they descend on my claims like a pack  of wolves. "How on earth can you know that God is real if you've never seen him?" is probably a new catch phrase among people who converse with me about this subject.

How do I know? Let me count the ways.

Because there are so many things that signal to me that there is a God, it is so hard to articulate my feelings. If I were to list all of the reasons I know God is real, it would be longer than the list of gratitude I mentioned on my last post. Everything helps me to know there is a God. The brush that is right beside me as I type this causes me to remember that God has numbered every hair of my head and wont forsake me. I believe in a loving, literal Heavenly Father.

I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I love the standards that come with loving the church. As I strive to follow Christ's example, without a doubt, I am a happier person. I am so excited to share the gospel that I sometimes have nothing to say.

I am a Mormon. I know it, I live it, and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...