June 24, 2012

EFY 2011

I've already blogged about this session of EFY in Cincinnati. Could it be that it's been a year since I've been blogging? How the time flies!

I have pretty much run out of creative ideas to show how awesome EFY is.

Here is the only journal entry I wrote that week during that session. It changed my life, and I was only able to write it because EFY is incredible. The people at that session made me want to go back to somewhere I would know people (I'm going to Bloomington this year). The session director was inspired. My counselor was one of the most inspiring people I have ever met. That year's session was the culmination of everything I have been working for in my life so far.

July 13th, 2011

I am at EFY and I have been awful at keeping a journal. Sorry, posterity! But I had a really special experience today that I feel like I need to write down.

Today was our last day of classes. :( I was attending Randal Wright's class about making goals to help shape our lives and as I thought of goals I wanted to make in my life, I thought of the next year at school. I want to run cross-country, participate in drama ... I want to. As this ever growing list was going through my head, I thought, I need to be homeschooled (because that was the most obvious choice). That thought kept growing in my mind and I couldn't suppress it. What if it was the spirit? I said a quick prayer to Heavenly Father asking if I had just received revelation. I felt good, but I still had questions. Why? How? Could I get into college if I was homeschooled? But I felt okay.

Later, I prayed to know, earnestly, if this was what Heavenly Father wanted me to do with my life. As I read a few things in the scriptures and in my Patriarchal Blessing, I felt the spirit confirm that it was. I bawled like a baby. Gena also gave a devotional on following the inspiration of the spirit and I felt like that was for me! I love EFY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...